Health is a fundamental human right. Health for all is a moral, ethical and social imperative; it is also central to economic growth and sustainable development.
The Forum’s mission is to contribute to making health for all a reality by advocating for the right to health; by promoting equity and justice in access to health for all persons at all stages of their life.
• Building alliances in health between NGOs and with UN agencies, governments and others to strengthen the voice of health advocacy;
• Advocating for health to be given higher priority and greater resources nationally and internationally;
• Promoting a comprehensive and integrated approach to public health policy and provision of care, recognizing the economic, social and cultural dimensions of health;
• Promoting gender equity in all health policies and programmes, for the benefit of health users and health providers;
• Raising awareness of and encouraging research on health trends and issues, and promoting and supporting evidence based implementation of health policy.